Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Day 8

The writing is coming easier. About to head to the airport, but knocked out a quick 800 words before the taxi comes to pick me up. Will try to get another 1000 or so in tonight after I check into the hotel.

Writing about specific scenes is making all the difference in the world. When I was writing in chronological order, I felt the need to rush to get to the next scene. Now that I am writing individual episodes, I am able to give each part the attention it deserves. I am adding more description and back-up to each section, and I think that I am doing it without adding much filler.

While I plan on getting the whole 50,000 words on paper before the 30 days are over, I am starting to think the novel might be better as a short story after I go through as an editor. Right now, I think the best length might be 75-125 pages, rather than the 350-500 that a full-length novel would require.

Word Count (Expected): 7,511
Word Count (Actual): 13,328

No comments: