Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Day 1

As my trip to Thailand cuts November a bit short for me, Day 1 of National Writing Month will begin today. Now, actually. Right after this blog post. And after I check facebook one more time.

I am armed with a fresh pot of coffee (black), a phone on silent, a playlist of "This Will Destroy You," and loose scraps of a story that just might turn out to be decent.

I am a bit daunted by the task. I have to write 50,000 words in 30 days, and my current tally is zero.

Here we go.

Word Count: 1,374/1,374

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do NOT envy you on this one, buddy. 8 double spaced pages a day--no joke! Anytime you feel yourself slipping, lemme know--I will Happily be your accountability ;)
Is the purpose of NaNoWriMo to write a novel, or to write a novel's worth of words? If the latter, then you can write about memories or experiences you have/have had--good personal reflection and an easier way to fill 8 pages when you are not feeling particularly inspired. Best of luck on knocking out that rough (ROUGH) draft!

Bryan Schatz said...

Fuck yeah, that is a hell of a task. Let me know how it goes.

Martin said...

Clara - It needs to be for a single project. Doesnt necessarily have to be fiction, but it does have to be a single story, biography, etc. I have a loose story line, but this is even harder than I expected, so far.

Bryan - Will do. I keep wanting to edit and rewrite stuff, which is slowing me down. I need to just write almost stream of conscious style, as long as its related to the story. The point is just to produce what amounts to a word vomit, get it all out there, and then just edit, edit, edit.