Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Day 6

In over my head. The story's plot was nice and neat in my outline, but it is all over the place now. It's not even the same story. Got about 1,300 words in today, whilst nursing a hang-over, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the story on track. I may have bitten off more than I can chew for a first novel. Something more simple as a storyline like "The Old Man and the Sea" may have been a better idea.

Debating whether to scrap this story for a different one, and just start again tonight at midnight for the official challenge.

Word Count: 5,701

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1,300 words after last night?! I could barely write my name on the rent check this evening. Way to be tenacious and focused! You aren't whining at all-- just keep writing.