Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Bond Between Brothers

My brother is a contributing author on the excellent website, The Art of Manliness, and he recently had his article on siblings published.  It's a really good read, and I had to crack up at some of the examples from our childhood that he used to illustrate different points.

I was googoo and gaga-ing over a colorful trinket and sitting on the carpet, perhaps even giggling to myself quietly with fascination over my toy.

My brother was there too, and he’d had enough of me and my ritual of crapping my pants and being applauded for it.
The toy jumped and twirled within my hands as I explored its intricacies and numerous uses. My brother cast a glaring eye in my direction, one in which his pupils dilated to pinpoints and a hot rage burned within his dark, five-year-old heart. There was something wrong with my face. My lips were turned up with a smile that meant I was happy, and that had to change.
 

1 comment:

kira permunian said...

wow really? your brother is a contributing author of "The Art of Manliness". Great! I'm an avid fan of that site. They really did an excellent job on the site.