This is what I learned for the next time:
- Never guesstimate when judging temperatures. Some may have this skill. I clearly do not.
- All rough add-ins, such as oatmeal and lavender should be ground up. This should have been obvious.
- Invest in a stick blender. Just fucking do it. It's only $20, and life is too short.
- Less creativity with molds. Remember that you have to get the soap out of this ornate contraption that you found at Salvation Army.
- Put saran wrap down on the molds. Again, you will have to get the soap out of this thing.
- Don't underestimate how hot Sodium Hydroxide gets. Don't underestimate how long olive oil takes to cool down.
- Find a better place to store these than in the living room. It IS a conversation starter though.
You can read the first part of my soap misadventures here.
Ever have a DIY project turn out completely and utterly wrong?